Welcome to Charleston's Online Customer Access Portal
The City of Charleston's Customer Access Portal (CAP) enables citizens to submit, pay, and track applications, permits, business licenses, inspections, and
code violation complaints online.
Use our online portal to:
- Register for your online account. open for Business License renewals only at this time. Please note that in addition to the form linked from the “Register” button in the upper-right of the screen, all Business Owners must complete the CAP ONLINE ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATION FORM online at the City's website.
IMPORTANT: Online accounts require approval for use; this process usually occurs within 3-5 business days; however, additional time may be required for cases where there may be questions about some aspect of the account or business. Please do not attempt to login or reset your password until you receive a separate email indicating that your account is approved and ready for use.
- Renew your existing business license beginning January 3, 2017 *.
- * If you are licensed as an out-of-town (itinerant) contractor, license renewals will need to be done in person at:
The Permit Center, 2 George St.
Charleston, SC 29401
- Complete construction related application submittals and scheduling, including:
- Apply for new permits
- Search existing permits
- View scheduled inspections & results
- Search & apply for board reviews - TRC, BAR, DRB, BZA-Z, BZA-SD, & BOA
- Submit digital plan sets & documentation
- Submit livability & code violation complaints
You need to Register for a new account or Log
On if you already have an existing account created to begin conducting business through CAP. When registering for a new account, please allow 3-5 business days for the new account to be processed. Be sure that the Business Owner has also completed a CAP ONLINE ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATION FORM online at the City's website.