Welcome to Charleston's Online Customer Access Portal
The City of Charleston's Customer Access Portal (CAP) enables citizens to submit, pay, and track applications, permits, business licenses, inspections, and
code violation complaints online. Beginning August 14, 2017 all City Departments involved with permitting and land development will be switching from BluePrince to EnerGov software! In general, project/permits which were initiated in BluePrince will remain in BluePrince until they are complete; new projects/permits will be created in EnerGov.
Use our online portal to:
- Register for your online account. Please note that in addition to the form linked from the “Register” button in the upper-right of this screen, all Business Owners must complete the CAP ONLINE ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATION FORM online at the City's website.
IMPORTANT: Online accounts require approval for use; this process usually occurs within 3-5 business days; however, additional time may be required for cases where there may be questions about some aspect of the account or business. Please do not attempt to login or reset your password until you receive a separate email indicating that your account is approved and ready for use.
- Pay new fees related to licensing or permits.
- Request inspections or see inspections results for new permits begun as of August 14.
- Search for permits and plan submittals begun as of August 14.
For assistance please call: 843-727-4626
- Complete construction related application submittals including:
- Apply for new permits
- Apply for board reviews - TRC, BAR, DRB, BZA-Z, BZA-SD, & BOA
- Submit digital plan sets & documentation
- Submit livability & code violation complaints
You need to Register for a new account or Log
On if you already have an existing account created to begin conducting business through CAP. When registering for a new account, please allow 3-5 business days for the new account to be processed. Be sure that the Business Owner has also completed a CAP ONLINE ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATION FORM at the City's website.
If you already have an account for Business License renewal, you do not need to register again.
- For help with online Inspections schedule requests, call 843-577-5550 (M-F 8:30AM - 5:00PM)
- For help with online Business License renewals or related payments, call 843-724-3711 (M-F 8:30AM - 5:00PM)